Thursday, December 5, 2013

Anne Kathleen Nail Polish "Joy", "Aurora" Swatches & Review part 1

So late last week I won my 1st contest ever!  I won 2 polishes of my choice from Anne Kathleen's just released Yuletide Wonders collection ( annekathleen.com )  and they arrived today.  So we can say right off the bat, very prompt shipping/delivery. Both came shipped very safely in a small box, complete with purple shreds and pink bubble wrap.  I told her I loved pink and purple, so I don't know if she gave me those colors when she packaged it up, or if that is standard, but it made for a lovely presentation.


Here's a look at Anne Kathleen's Yuletide Wonders Collection.You can view and purchase them directly from her site: annekathleen.com 

So I got to pick 2, and I chose Aurora (3rd in pic), and Joy (1st in pic)




Here's "Aurora" on the left and "Joy" on the right.

Let's start with Aurora.  Aurora is described as:

 Aurora’s passion is planning the perfect winter wedding – dressing the brides in the perfect snow white dress. Her favorite polish simply sparkles like the snow.

Aurora is a full coverage white shimmer polish with fine rainbow glitter.

Wear 1 coat over another color of polish to create a new look or layer for more opaque coverage.



And I would very much agree with that description.  It's a white shimmer with fine rainbow glitter, and it really does sparkle like the snow.  


3 coats with 1 coat of Essie Good to Go top coat



Hard to capture the beautiful scattered rainbow with my camera.
You can see it a little here.  The nice thing is, it is very subtle, not at all juvenile or garish.

One very cool thing about this polish is, it is versatile... it can be worn as I am wearing it, or it can be layered over other colors... and that's why there will be a part 2 to this Anne Kathleen Aurora polish, because there is much more to be seen from Aurora!

This is the lovely "Joy"
She is described as Skipping in the snow, Joy enjoys late-night walks in the winter. She is a quiet girl who enjoys finding peace in nature. Her polish is a dainty pink that shines in the light.

Joy is a full coverage holographic mauvy-pink polish.

And I would mostly agree. What isn't described is the amazing holo in this polish has a wonderful  green, bronze, and pink shift giving it a wonderful antique look. An Antique mauve holograph polish is how I'd describe it. It looks almost like a nude champagne in some lights. Unique and quite special. I showed my Mom and she kept saying "I don't know what to say, it's amazing" She loved it!


This is 2 coats with one coat of Essie Good to Go Top Coat
Incredible color and wonderful, smooth formula polish that I will certainly be finishing the bottle of and replenishing!  Newly available for $10 each at: www.annekathleen.com
Also join her Facebook page for coupons, flash sales, and notifications of new shades: https://www.facebook.com/AnneKathleen.ExploreBeauty



No comments:

Post a Comment